The Bible is an amazing book! Throughout its 66 books and 1,189 chapters, readers find a marvelous account of God’s divine plan of love, sacrifice, and redemption. Because this book is such a special one, everyone, especially believers, should study the Bible regularly. Bible study ought to be a regular part of our Christian experience.
Over the years as I’ve been asked why I’m “so into the Bible”, why I spend so much time reading it, and why I require my children to read it. For me, Bible study is part of my regular routine because it strengthens my Christian faith. But in addition to that, I study the Bible because…
- God wants me to (2 Timothy 2:15),
- the scriptures teach and correct me (2 Timothy 3:16,17),
- it helps me become more disciplined (1 Corinthians 9:23-25),
- it is the ONLY source of authority regarding how I am to live my life (Psalm 119:89), and
- because it is the source of my faith (Romans 10:17).
To help make my study time more effective, I use a personalized Bible study binder. In the video below, I describe what my Bible study binder looks and tell how I’m using it. If after watching, you want to create a Bible study binder, you’ll know exactly what you need to create your own binder.
Are you stumped by what type of Bible study resources to use with your family? Check out this terrific list of books we’re working through this year.
We use these books during our family time Bible study:
Our independent devotional time includes the following books:
- Grace for the Moment (Sweet Pea, age 10)
- The Beauty of Believing (Sugar Plum, age 8)
- A Child’s First Bible (Baby Girl, age 3)
- Too Busy NOT to Pray (Me)
- Kingdom Man (My husband, JT)
If your time of personalized Bible study is disorganized or in need of a remake, using a personalized Bible study binder may be just what you need to get your studies back on track! It has and continues to be a helpful tool for me.
© 2015, Andrea Thorpe. All rights reserved.